Monday, November 5, 2012

♥ THE WALKING DEAD SERIES

CURRENT MOOD: Feeling like a zombie...

Unless you have been living under a rock... you will have heard about The Walking Dead series -- I'm talking about both the comic books written by Robert Kirkman as well as the adapted television series on AMC which I am completely addicted to watching...  After the last season ended I physically read every single comic book so I would be caught up on the series... sadly I'm now at the point where I'm waiting for each new one to be released... and let me tell you... that is a bad place to be in!

The Walking Dead basically is a story chronicling the main character Rick Grimes, his family, and other survivors of a zombie apocalypse. The first comic book was released in 2003 but the show, an adaptation of the comic book series began to air in 2010 on AMC which clearly became a smash hit. I physically started watching the series last year when I found it on Netfilx Canada, now both season one and two are available to watch so you can get fully caught up without having to go buy the entire series on DVD or Blueray.

AMC has created multiple extentions of the series including the Talking Dead after show and special behind the scenes videos on their website. Also there are applications for viewers relating to the series including the Walking Dead Social Game on Facebook and the Walking Dead StorySYNC available on the Iphone and Ipad.










They have really brought the comic books to life in the hour long show every Sunday... with each new episode I am shocked with how realistic it comes across and how unbelievably gruesome the details and zombies are getting. The television series stays pretty true to the comic books minus the death of Sophia and Dale (so far) both of which came as a pretty big shock, I am interested to see how the coming season plays out but so far I have managed to miss three... of the four... episodes so hopefully I will catch up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment